Tustin Ruta's History
RUTABEGORZ TUSTIN, is housed in a historic building with a neoclassic colonnaded front at the corner or Main and C Streets in “Historic Old Town Tustin.”
Placed on the Register of National Historic Places in 1994, our location was built in 1914 by the son of Columbus Tustin. It is one of the oldest buildings in town. The building first served the community as a general store owned by Charles Artz, and has since been home to many various businesses. During the Depression, the building for a short time even became a classroom for local school kids.
RUTA’S TUSTIN opened its doors in June of 1978. At first, only occupying one half of the building, customer demand and Tustin’s booming population caused us to take over the whole structure.
RUTA’S has been serving the community of Tustin for over 30 years. Long term employees often comment that kids they first saw in high chairs, are now bringing in their husband or wife and their own children!